The construction technique of each non-stick pan is different and therefore, their cleaning methods are also different. For that, it’s mandatory to read the manufacturer’s care instructions. Non stick cookware is coated with PTFE material to make its surface slippery. Versatile cookware to cook, sauté, flip, and fry with no tension of sticking the signature dish. Here are the best non-stick frying pan in India. How to clean non stick pan is a basic question that we usually ponder on, especially if there are burnt marks left.
Non-stick pan is easy to use but needs a gentle care to keep the coating safe and maintain the shine. In this blog, we have listed a few steps on how clean the non-stick pan safe and keep the coating as well intact.
Read ahead but just to be on the safe side: Read instruction manuals for your cookware before trying any of our methods of how to clean non stick pan.
How to Clean Non Stick Pan
Use dish soap and hot water
The first method involves dishwasher detergent and hot water. Cover the surface or entire burned surface of the pan using hot water and then put 1 or 2 tablespoons of mild dish detergent. Stir the detergent solution. Next, place the pan on the gas stove and boil it for 10 to 15 minutes.
Allow it to cool off totally. It will require somewhere around 20 minutes. Now drain out the solution and clean the pan using tap water. You can use a soft sponge to eliminate the remaining residue. This is one of the fruitful and experimented ways that will release all the residues efficiently.
Use White Vinegar
This is another easiest way to remove the burnt stains from non-stick pans. Cover the pan surface and burnt areas using hot water. Ensure the water shouldn't have very high temperature. Now, add one cup of vinegar into the water and stir. Heat up the pan on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
Now, make a thin paste of baking soda. Add around 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the water. This composition will react and create bubbles that help vanish burnt stains. Let it cool down and drain out the solution. Next, remove the greasy portions of the pan using hot water and detergent. For stubborn stains, use a sponge or brush.
This is another best way that works well on slippery stains. Just fill the pan with a glass of hot water and mix a half cup or 2-3 tablespoons of salt. Now, leave the mixture for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Now you need to clean the surface using detergent and a soft brush.
Boil the mixture for a few minutes, if any stain persists. Let it cool. Clean with a soft sponge or fabric. This method may sound old-fashioned but works well in stubborn stains and lingering food smells.
Now, a fast and simple method for cleaning copper bottoms on the container
To make the copper base glossy take lemon, baking soda, and vinegar. Dust the baking soda all around the base. Then, pour 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar over the base of the skillet. For cleaning, we will utilize half lemon. Clean or scrub the copper base with lemon. Wash the skillet with water and let it dry.
To clean stuck-on food from the pan
- Dust the surface with baking soda.
- Next, make a solution of hot water and 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- Decant the mixture into the pan.
- Next, scrape the surface with a spatula or other suitable scraper.
- No aggressive scrubbing is necessary.
- If pan has rigid stains, this solution will eliminate them.
- Now, wash the pan and dry it using a towel.
Precautions to be taken while cleaning non stick pan
- Hand cleaning is the safest way to clean the non stick pan and safeguard the coating. High temperature and tough settings of the dishwasher may harm the coating.
- Make a habit to clean the pans right away after use with gentle dish soap.
- Scratchy or abrasive pads are incompatible with the pan's non-stick coating. Avoid using anything metal on slippery layers.
- To remove burnt-on grease use baking soda and above-defined methods for effective and successful cleaning.
- Apply a teaspoon to half-tablespoon oil to lubricate the surface before and after using a pan.
- Use a clean washcloth or dish towel to dry the bottom thoroughly.
Hope using the above-mentioned ways, it would be easy how to clean non stick pan without ruining it and to maintain their slick surface, above-mentioned techniques are really useful.
To know more about non stick cookware care tips, leave a comment or review in the following section.